Sunday 24 March 2019

Warning - possible outage


Google is eliminating Google+ on April 2, 2019, and they are sending me messages warning that my 'content' may be lost. I have never joined Google+, but unfortunately these tech companies have a tendency to 'help' you by signing you up to something you've never heard of (like Google+) when you really only wanted something straightforward (like Blogger). Google's response to customer outcry on this has been woeful (deeply disappointing from a company that usually communicates fairly well), and they have bunkered down and are not responding to contact from the public, so I am still not sure whether Blogger (and this webpage) will be wiped from the face of the internet.

The editing page for this Blogger page referred me to this link:

https://blogger.googleblog.com/2019/01/an-update-on-google-and-blogger.html

... which seems to imply that only minor issues like comments might be affected, but who knows when it comes to monolithic tech companies pulling the plug on applications they've foolishly wired together for no good reason. If this webpage is up and running after April 2, great - I will keep going. If not, well, it's been fun!

12 comments:

  1. Seriously time to break them up. They have to much power and they have bought all their competitors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pity; I thought Google was a bit different. You may not be aware that a few years ago they tried to retire ALL adult content from Blogger, and due to public outcry they eventually relented. They do however refuse to allow advertising on adult pages, so I have to do all this content purely for the love of doing it. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Do you plan to share a full package of this blog?
    Your job is so amazing, I wouldn't lose oportunity to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it does all fall over, I may look to other media, depending on how keen I feel. I work a fair time in advance; for instance today I published up to 4060 but I have written up to 4128. That allows me to go on holidays etc. and still put out 10 per week as usual. If I could find a similar platform to publish on, I'd probably keep doing it, even if it is just for those 60 unpublished ones! I've been on here now for over 7 years.

      Delete
  3. Will you create a bdsmlr or something similar? You've got the best caps on the internet by far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. See my answer above re other platforms; I don't know bdsmlr at all, but I'd look around if I had to, and wanted to continue.

      Delete
  4. what will you do i am a big fan of your work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi :) Here is the copy of probably all images on this blog :)
    https://www7.zippyshare.com/v/S0tVbB4y/file.html
    https://www7.zippyshare.com/v/kjYX5w1t/file.html
    https://www7.zippyshare.com/v/L28fXYz1/file.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually keep copies of all my work, though I suspect I am going to lose the comments.

      Delete
  6. Good wishes to you, whatever happens. Your caps are among the best. It's been great reading them and commenting. (long sigh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Throne, I very much appreciate your regular feedback.

      Delete